NOTE: The primary, majority firm owner or his/her legal designee, and not third parties or other staff, must create their accounts in Certify.
To get started, firm owners will need their company UEI, TIN (EIN or SSN, per SAM.gov), CAGE Code (if applicable), and Bank Account from their active SAM.gov profile. Please visit your SAM.gov account before getting started to make sure all the information is up to date and that your SAM account is “Active.”
Only one unique email address is currently allowed in Certify per person per business. Therefore, entity-owned firms will need a different email address for each business.
- Visit certify.SBA.gov and click the Get Started button.
- Enter your information and create a strong passphrase (four random words linked together works well)
- Check your email within 48 hours for an email from Certify and click the link in email to activate your account.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts/approved list so the email is not blocked as spam
- If you do not receive your verification email within 48 hours, please email the Help Desk at email@example.com to request a password reset.
- Log back into certify.SBA.gov and connect your SAM.gov profile to Certify by entering your UEI, TIN, CAGE Code, and Bank Account, then click "Connect data."
- Select your business type - LLC, Corporation, S-Corporation, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship - and click "Connect to business.
Should you need assistance creating your account, please submit a ticket to the Certify Help Portal at https://certify.sba.gov/help.
+ Entity-Owed Firms: Please find additional details here: Entity-Owned Firms: Supplemental Documents for 8(a) in Certify.