The first step towards getting your business certified is to register it on the Certify platform.
What you’ll need:
- DUNS Number (from Dun and Bradstreet)
- TIN Number (from IRS)
- MPIN (from SAM.gov)
- The type of your business (LLC, Corp., S-Corp., Partnership, etc.).
Enter the numbers and information required (DUNS Number, TIN, MPIN) into the fields with no spaces or dashes. The MPIN is additionally case-sensitive.
- These must match exactly as they are on SAM.gov.
- Once entered select Find Business. This will attempt to match your business with the SAM record.
- From the search results select your business and Select the Business Type from the drop-down. Then select Connect to Business and this will connect your Certify account with your business.
Your SAM.gov records must have an “Active” status for you to be able to access your records in certify.SBA.gov. Changes to records in SAM.gov can take up to 72 hours to transfer to certify.SBA.gov.