Quick Notes: Firm owners, and not third parties or other staff, must create their accounts in Certify. To get started, firm owners will need their DUNS number, TIN (EIN or SSN), and MPIN from their active SAM.gov profile. Please visit your SAM.gov account before getting started to make sure all the information is up to date and that your SAM account is “Active.” Finally, one email address is currently allowed in Certify per business. Therefore, entity-owned firms will need a different email address for each annual review.
- Visit certify.SBA.gov and click the Get Started button.
- Enter your information and create a strong passphrase (four random words linked together works well)
- Check your email within 48 hours for an email from Certify and click the link in email to activate your account.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts/approved list so the email is not blocked as spam
- If you do not receive your verification email within 48 hours, please email the Help Desk at email@example.com to request a password reset.
- Log back into certify.SBA.gov and connect your SAM.gov profile to Certify by entering your DUNS, TIN, and MPIN, then click "Connect data."
- Select your business type - LLC, Corporation, S-Corporation, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship - and click "Connect to business.
Should you need assistance creating your account, please email the Help Desk at help@certify.SBA.gov.
+ Entity-Owed Firms: Please find additional details here: Entity-Owned Firms: Supplemental Documents for 8(a) in Certify.
+ Watch a video of how to create an account: Create Your Certify Account